Watch this space for the latest news from around the Lab!
What is BEEL?
The Bio-Energy & Environmental Lab (BEEL) is a research laboratory housed in the Institute Center for Water & Environment (iWATER), Masdar Institute. Themes of research at BEEL address 3 key challenges faced by sustainable societies. These are:
Scope of Research ActivitiesAll research activities at BEEL are mapped to the 3 key challenges facing sustainable societies. The scope of research activities conducted at BEEL includes:
- Integrated biological processes for waste treatment, low-temperature energy generation, and resource recovery
- Biologically-catalyzed transformation pathways of contaminants
- Utilization of renewable materials in biological processes
- Fate and transport of contaminants in natural and engineered environments
- Human-health risk assessment of new materials and products